Thursday, December 22, 2011

The Silestone is here!

They began installing our counter tops today!  They are going to have to take some pieces back to the shop, but we should have completed counters very soon.  We decided to go with Silestone in White Zeus Extreme.  Can't wait to have a functioning kitchen again!




Here are some reasons we chose to go with Silestone...
  • Silestone® is the only counter top with built-in Microban® antimicrobial product protection to safely fight the growth of odor-causing bacteria 24/7 for the life of the product. As a result, Silestone is easier to clean and stays cleaner in between cleanings.
  • The quartz in Silestone makes it naturally scratch-resistant. Only three other natural minerals - diamond, sapphire and topaz - are harder than quartz. Quartz is a seven on Mohs Hardness Scale (diamond is a 10).  
  • Because it is non-porous, Silestone does not need to be sealed. Granite, marble and limestone, on the other hand, must be sealed on installation and resealed regularly to prevent staining. Silestone is a maintenance-free star compared to solid surfaces that may require rigorous maintenance to clean up tough stains, scratches and scorch marks.
View www.silestoneusa.com for more information!

2 comments:

  1. Can you please tell me what hardware you used? I'm scouring the web and cannot seem to find it, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That’s exactly how it was with me a few months ago, when I set out to find thebest stainless steel kitchen sink for my first real home. I thought it was going to be easy, but it turns out buying a sink is about way more than just checking the measurements. I didn’t want my family to be stuck with a bad sink in our new home, so I did more research than I’ve ever done in my life so that I could learn everything I needed to know.

    ReplyDelete